Indulge your toddler's taste buds with our delightful Blueberry Banana Chia Overnight Oats recipe, a nutritious and easy-to-make breakfast or snack.
Gather your ingredients, including 1/2 cup of plump blueberries, a ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of cocoa for that rich flavor, and a drizzle of maple syrup to sweeten the deal. The secret ingredient that takes this recipe to the next level is your choice of milk, and we recommend the wholesome goodness of LittleOak Toddler Milk.
To create this delicious treat, start by preparing a clean and dry container—a mason jar, glass, or any lidded container will do. Now, layer your ingredients strategically: begin with half of the chia seeds (1 tablespoon) at the bottom to prevent clumping later. Next, pour in your milk of choice, ensuring it covers all the ingredients. Begin with around 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk, adjusting to achieve your desired thickness.
Now, the magic happens. Refrigerate your container overnight or for at least 4-6 hours, allowing the chia seeds to work their culinary alchemy, transforming the mixture into a creamy, pudding-like texture.
The next morning or whenever you're ready to savor this delectable creation, give your overnight oats a gentle stir. Feel free to add an extra layer of fresh fruit, nuts, or a drizzle of maple syrup to enhance the flavor and texture.
Enjoy these delicious and nutritious overnight oats, providing a perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack that will leave your toddler satisfied and fueled for the day ahead.
1/2 cup Blueberries
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp Cocoa
Fill with milk of choice – recommended LittleOak Toddler Milk
- Prepare Your Container: You can use a mason jar, a glass, or any container with a lid that has enough room for your ingredients. Make sure it's clean and dry.
- Layer Your Ingredients: Start by adding half of the chia seeds (1 tablespoon) to the bottom of your container. This helps prevent clumping when you add liquid later.
- Pour in Milk: Pour your milk of choice into the container until it covers all the ingredients. You can start with around 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk and adjust based on your preference for thickness.
- Refrigerate Overnight: Place the container in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight or for at least 4-6 hours. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a creamy, pudding-like texture.
- Serve: The next morning, or whenever you're ready to eat, give your overnight oats a good stir. You can also top it with additional fresh fruit, nuts, or a drizzle of maple syrup for extra flavour and texture.